Painting Commission Information
|Flat Panel Size||Gallery Wrapped Canvas|
|9 x12 - $270.00||9 x12 - $300.00|
|11 x 14 - $385.00||11 x 14 - $415.00|
|12 x 16 - $480.00||12 x 16 - $510.00|
|20 x 16- $800.00||20 x 16- $850.00|
|24 x 36 - $1700.00|
The following table shows my base prices for portrait commissions by canvas size. The prices above do not include shipping or any framing. The pricing above is for a painting of a single person, if you would like me to paint more than one person please note there is an additional fee per person added, since I take my time painting each person's unique qualities. Each additional person is $100.00. Please note that the max people I will paint on 9 x 12 and 11 x 14 are two people. For sizes 12 x 16 and more I can paint more people. However, after purchase I will contact you so that we can discuss the portrait. After you send me the photograph of the subject , I will discuss with you a vision for the composition. All paintings will be painted in oil unless we discuss a different medium. Paintings will be painted in an impressionistic style as seen in the photos I have on this page. These are photos of paintings I have done.
Steps to Commission a Portrait from Me
1. Contact me through email or through the Contact Us page above telling me the size of painting you want and the style (Panel or Gallery Wrapped Canvas). I will then email you an invoice for the 50% deposit.
2. Email me a clear photograph of the person or people you want me to paint
3. Once I receive the deposit fee I will call you over the phone or send you a text to arrange our phone meeting or we can FaceTime to discuss my vision for the composition. Please make sure you've emailed me a photograph of the subject.
4. I will send you the preliminary sketch of the composition and contact you to discuss before starting to paint. Once we agree on sketch and colors I will begin painting.
5. Once painting is half way completed I will send you the final payment invoice and a photo for review. Once final payment is received, I will complete the painting and ship it to you. Shipping is an addition feel and it will differ depending on the size of the painting.
6. It will take approximately 2-4 weeks for me to complete the painting depending on the size. Because it is an oil painting it will take at least 3 months before it's dry enough to be shipped. Then it will take another 3 months to be completely dry.
What I provide: I will contact you and discuss your ideas for the portrait. I will review the photos you send me to pick one that captures the essence of the person. I will sketch the portrait on paper and then transfer the sketch to canvas. I will paint the portrait using high quality acrylic paints. I will send you process photos of the painting. I will send you a final photo of the painting for final review. After approval I will seal the painting, package and ship.
Payment Info: Payment will be made in 2 installments. The first payment is the initial payment so that I can begin your payment. You will receive a second invoice for the other half when painting is midway completed. Payment must be made so that I can finish the painting and then ship to you. Refunds are not available once the painting has been started.